AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index AirgunAdvice.net
All airguns, All the time

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Phoogle MapPhoogle Map   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Please help us to develop!

Support Our Site
click image to see designs
Support the site by buying one of our great T-Shirts !!
They are only $24.95 plus shipping.

Choose a size:
.22 cal JSB Exact Pellet Pics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> AirgunAdvice.net
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocelot27
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Philadelphia, PA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: .22 cal JSB Exact Pellet Pics Reply with quote

Here they are - the whole line up - the new "Heavy" pellet is externally identical to the "Jumbo" but has more lead internally by having a smaller cavity/skirt. Whether or not the shift in center of gravity has any effect on accuracy begs more experimentation.

Express, Jumbo, Heavy:

Express, Jumbo, Heavy:

Express, Jumbo, Heavy:

.177 Heavy and .22 Heavy - I like the "air bullet" design of the .177 - I thought the .22 would be similar... if it aint broke don't fix it:

.177 JSB Exact Heavy post Air Wolf MVT:

.177 Beeman Kodiak Gold post Air Wolf MVT:

I think the reason the JSB's are so accurate in so many rifles is because of the very fine and soft skirt - you can see how much it was blown into the rifling compared to the harder more stout Kodiak Gold and they were only fired at 400fps.

-john.

*Daystate Air Wolf 0.22
*Daystate Air Wolf MVT 0.177
*Soon: Daystate Air Wolf MVT 0.22
*FX Revolution 0.22
*Logun S16xs 0.22
addicted
Marksman First Class
Marksman First Class

City, State: Nebraska

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Smile got my delivery of Heavy from TGAG a couple days ago
but haven't even unboxed them yet. You always do great pics , thanks
Rowdy
Expert
Expert

City, State: Texas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oce,

Good PIC's dude... I have to agree, the .177 heavy look is a good looking different pellet that would be kind of neet to check out how they would shoot in the .22 like that... Who knows... But then the regular diablo look of the heavy .22 has been very hard to be with many other designs in the many choices of different barrels and rifle setups...

You got some really good rifling cuts in those pellets, and was able to see them after the fact LOL... I have had my Heavy's ordered now for two weeks now and not a word on where they are yet either... I have not had much luck ordering pellets from Pyramid air either and actually get them anyway. I have had some of the double gold Kodaics ordered for two months now. Pretty sad if you ask me.

Guess I will call AOA in the morning and order some from those guys, as I wanted several different ones to try in the new Rapid of mine... I also wanted some of the new Heavy JSB's and the double gold kodiacs to try as well. Can't seem to get anything yet. You watch, I will reorder them from AOA and I will have them all show up from everywhere all at once LOL...
ocelot27
Marksman
Marksman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Straight Shooters:

http://www.straightshooters.com/navagationpages/ssproductsandfeatures.html

Most stuff is in stock and he gets things out fast and I've not had any bad pellets or poorly packed pellets.
- john

*Daystate Air Wolf 0.22
*FX Revolution 0.22
*Logun S16xs 0.22
Rowdy
Expert
Expert

City, State: Texas

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OCE,

I will do just that dude, good idea, and someone I hadn't thought of also, with the exception of wanting some of the Defiant 18gr. that I have only seen at AOA, and also want to try the 17gr. XP2 that they have in the non lead stuff. I have a very few of each of these that I got from England but in the lead form that shoot really well. How they do the skirt on these really does mash well into the profile of the rifling. I only see these at AOA... I will check with SS though as I am sure he has the others I been wanting to try a few of...

Did you by chance MIC the head and the OAL of the two JSB pellets that look alike with the exception of the air cavitiy??? Just wonder if the head is the same diameter exactly? It would make sense that they would be, that way they could use the same equipment basically, just curious though as you never know...
williamN
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

City, State: VA.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics. Very interesting.
ocelot27
Marksman
Marksman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rowdy wrote:
OCE,

I will do just that dude, good idea, and someone I hadn't thought of also, with the exception of wanting some of the Defiant 18gr. that I have only seen at AOA, and also want to try the 17gr. XP2 that they have in the non lead stuff. I have a very few of each of these that I got from England but in the lead form that shoot really well. How they do the skirt on these really does mash well into the profile of the rifling. I only see these at AOA... I will check with SS though as I am sure he has the others I been wanting to try a few of...

Did you by chance MIC the head and the OAL of the two JSB pellets that look alike with the exception of the air cavitiy??? Just wonder if the head is the same diameter exactly? It would make sense that they would be, that way they could use the same equipment basically, just curious though as you never know...

Yeah - as far as I can tell the external dimensions are the basically same:
5.7ish skirt diameter - both
7.5ish for the length on the Jumbo; 7.7ish for the length on the Heavy
5.47ish for the head - both
So - the Heavy is slightly longer - 0.2mm - they looked the same to me....
-john.

*Daystate Air Wolf 0.22
*FX Revolution 0.22
*Logun S16xs 0.22
GWH craig
Killer-B Club
Killer-B Club

City, State: Easthampton Masssachusetts

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have not tryed them yet, but im sure they are going to go over very very well! Very Happy
Browning 800 Mag .22
Crosman 2289 Backpacker .22
Crosman T4 .177
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Phoogle Map
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> AirgunAdvice.net All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: