AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index AirgunAdvice.net
All airguns, All the time

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Phoogle MapPhoogle Map   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Please help us to develop!

Support Our Site
click image to see designs
Support the site by buying one of our great T-Shirts !!
They are only $24.95 plus shipping.

Choose a size:
Airwolf improved 20 fold.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> AirgunAdvice.net
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Airwolf improved 20 fold. Reply with quote

Well it seems the burr(s) were the cause all along. After a couple shots of courage I went at it with these fine utencils.

Now I had been having 6" clock like groups @ 50 yards with this puppy, Here is the latest at 50.

Looks good to me for now, how about 75 yds.

Running low on air and time........heres 100yds.

I think it can be better as the burr still exists, however at least it is acting like the gun it should be until the new bbl arrives.

Now I can put the booze away at least Bottle Of Beer

Thanks for lookin'
SteveK
Killer-B
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

City, State: Vancouver, WA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve That is FANTASTIC!!! news very happy for you, yes those are nice groups. good job buddy.

Killer-B
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killer-B wrote:
Steve That is FANTASTIC!!! news very happy for you, yes those are nice groups. good job buddy.

Killer-B

Thanks KB!

Boy was this thing therapy. It took me hours, look close at the sharpener tip. I must've used 30 yards of floss too. I was inspired by some jail break movie I saw in the past. Used the floss to cut in close to the lands. The burr was bridging 2 lands and actually cutting DEEPER than the rifling.

Definately would not have done it if a new bbl wasn't coming.

Thanks,
SteveK
SP
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

City, State: Commiefornia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,
Its good to see that your "stepping up to the plate" and doing the work yourself. I think everyone should try and work on their own guns.

Those groups look good, but just like you said , I think they could be better. Keep us posted man. Good job!!

SP Cool
mgervais
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: salt lake city, ut

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveK just for curiosities' sake why not try the spacer and tape trick and let us know if it improves further on those groups?

Only takes a minute to rig it up. I'd really appreciate seeing how it works on another Wolf.

Thx

Mike
SP
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

City, State: Commiefornia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgervais wrote:
SteveK just for curiosities' sake why not try the spacer and tape trick and let us know if it improves further on those groups?

Only takes a minute to rig it up. I'd really appreciate seeing how it works on another Wolf.

Thx

Mike

To Steve and Mgervais, did you see this post?
http://www.airgunadvice.net/viewtopic.php?t=3788

look at number 8 what Pingzauer wrote.

8. Clean the holy bejesus out of the barrel.

I guess this is an important thing to do to the wolf barrel.

All and all, I am totally prepared now. When my wolf arrives to me.

SP
Jevans5050
Expert
Expert

City, State: Sacramento, California

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve, when you say you had a couple of shots of courage and you went at it...does that mean you had a couple of shots of "liquid courage?" ha! just wondering... home gunsmithing while drinking could result in a rifle that fires very poorly....lol. nice groups.

justin
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SP wrote:
Those groups look good, but just like you said , I think they could be better. Keep us posted man. Good job!!

SP,

I like the way it's shooting now at 50 and less but improvement would be nice. Yesterday was a pretty calm day here and this session was forced because of the work thing......

I haven't had any real trigger time with it as well. I think this says alot about the firing characteristics of the Airwolf

I know the new barrel will help although it may need to make the rounds for accurizing, we'll see. If it goes out for work it will be before it is mounted on this gun though. There are guys out there that can do it right and skip the "paste laden floss part". Very Happy

Enough workin' on it.........I just want to shoot it! Sniper Looking forward to hunting with it! Cool

Thanks SP,
SteveK
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgervais wrote:

Thx

Mike

Mike,

I did brace the shroud last time out before this. But the thing was firing with lead tails dragged out from the skirt of the pellet. There was no improvement obviously......

The next few days are good work weather and not shooting weather here. But I'll try it next time I'm out for groups though. I just wanna shoot/hunt now!

I'm concerned though........have you removed the tape at all yet? Does the paint stay on the tank completely? I know a bit about painting Aluminum and I get this bad feeling is all. Strapping tape is real agressive stuff.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!
SteveK
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
look at number 8 what Pingzauer wrote.

8. Clean the holy bejesus out of the barrel.

But SP,

I just got the holy bejesus back IN my barrel! Very Happy Mosh

Seriously though, I passed so much bore paste through this barrel as residue from flossing the lands it was like a colonoscopy at the hospital. I know my barrel is clean because of it.

It is an important step and I've read others speak about doing the same. Great advice it is.

Thanks,
SteveK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> AirgunAdvice.net All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: