AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index AirgunAdvice.net
All airguns, All the time

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Phoogle MapPhoogle Map   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Please help us to develop!

Support Our Site
click image to see designs
Support the site by buying one of our great T-Shirts !!
They are only $24.95 plus shipping.

Choose a size:
Review: Allen Zasadny:
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Dealer & Buying & Selling Reviews HERE !!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dogbone
Expert
Expert

City, State: Powder Springs, Ga.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Review: Allen Zasadny: Reply with quote

I must give Allen two thumbs up! He did a great job on my Logun. He called me often to let me know what he had done and what he wanted to do. When I got my rifle back from him I had to call him to find how much the work he had done cost so I could send him a check. He seemed more interested in my satisfaction than in getting paid. It was a pleasure doing business with him.
Dogbone
Killer-B
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

City, State: Vancouver, WA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Allen Z Reply with quote

dogbone wrote:
I must give Allen two thumbs up! He did a great job on my Logun. He called me often to let me know what he had done and what he wanted to do. When I got my rifle back from him I had to call him to find how much the work he had done cost so I could send him a check. He seemed more interested in my satisfaction than in getting paid. It was a pleasure doing business with him.
Dogbone

Well he has never forgot to include th bill with the gun for me anyway... Cussing 2 but yes he always calls to see how the gun is shooting. Very good PR. Whatever the FEE "IT IS WELL WORTH IT!!!!" Yes

KB
hepp1
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Batesville Indiana

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Allen Zasadny Reply with quote

I bought a AZ Rapid with the works. He is an great airgun smith as well as a
shooter. He seems very honest and hard working. Would never hesitate to
send work to him. Oh, his shroud is so so quiet.
Daren
sherrod833
Basic Practical
Basic Practical

City, State: USA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most expensive airgun purchase I have made.And Allen made it all worth the wait.He built the gun to what I needed it to do and updated me on the performance during testing.Very nice guy,answers all your questions and great to deal with.
Ca_Varminter
Site Admin
Site Admin

City, State: N. California, USA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the Master shooting one his own creations:

A lot of air-gunners knows of his work he does on PCP's!
But AllenZ is also a world Class FT Shooter!! A lot of creation are time tested but also used in Competition !

A True Master using a Mill or behind the Trigger!!

Stuart
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

City, State: Bay Area, CA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Lead times? Reply with quote

I understand this is variable, and in general best answered by AZ himself, but... How long did you have to wait for your custom gun? For your custom work? Describe the work done and the lead times. Your answers here will help save Allen from answering too many open ended questions on the phone - so he can spend more time working on guns!

Also - am I correct that he sells NEW Rapids, with all the trimmings, and the whole thing can be purchased from him directly?
Killer-B
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

City, State: Vancouver, WA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Lead times? Reply with quote

tcgun wrote:
Also - am I correct that he sells NEW Rapids, with all the trimmings, and the whole thing can be purchased from him directly?

tcgun,

Yes that is correct that you can buy the gun directly from Allen, the advantage of this is he will go through the gun with a power tune for free.

Wait time man that is a hard one you know how those "ARTISTS" are Scratch Chin I have Allen do all of my Rapids and I have waited anywhere from 3 weeks to 2 months for the work to be completed just depends on what he is working on at the time, and what is going on in his life. But the first thing I do is call him and ask as you had referenced. I just give him the gun and just forget about it and shoot something else, bottom line is you don't want to rush him, and it will be done when it is done. Most common work I have him do is the following:

1) Shroud
2) Quick Fill
3) Over-sized Bolt
4) Power Tune
5) Trigger work 4 Oz pull
6) Scope Rails

If you are one of those kinda guys that gets bent out of shape if he tells you it will be done on a certain date, and then it isn't well he may not be your guy, but then all those "ARTIST" types are like that.

HTH

Killer-B
jimjambo
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

City, State: Yelm, WA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can answer the question because I've had Alan do one Rapid for me with the full FT treatment, and I'm currently waiting on another. Alan probably works faster and with more quality than any other gunsmith of his caliber that I know. My Rapid with the full FT works including knee pod, thigh rest, front weighting system, new scope and oversize elevation knob, full ballistics work, trigger work, new regulator, scope rails, shroud, took approx. 2 months, and this was in the middle of his moving from IL. to IA. I talked to him repeatedly during the process, and he was always receptive to my input and questions. Absolutely top notch gunsmith, and a very nice man.
tcgun
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

City, State: Bay Area, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: New regulator? Reply with quote

Jimjambo - Thanks for your input. What did he do for your regulator? A new one? Is it custom, or just a factory replacement?
jimjambo
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

City, State: Yelm, WA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure whether the reg is entirely different or whether he modifies the factory reg, but I do know that there is a change made either way. Sorry I can't be of more help in this regard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Dealer & Buying & Selling Reviews HERE !!!! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: