AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index AirgunAdvice.net
All airguns, All the time

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Phoogle MapPhoogle Map   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Please help us to develop!

Support Our Site
click image to see designs
Support the site by buying one of our great T-Shirts !!
They are only $24.95 plus shipping.

Choose a size:
Update on my Beeman RS2 SS1000S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> "Springers & Gas Rams"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMikeM
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Big Bear Lake, Ca.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Update on my Beeman RS2 SS1000S Reply with quote

A couple days ago I switched the gun back to .22 cal and put the Beeman scope back on it. I zeroed it in in 6 shots for about 30 feet then got it pretty close at 35 yards. Yesterday I caught 2 tree rats in my yard.
First shot I took at the rodent who was about 28 yards away and up about 10 degrees smacked him dead on the spot. Second rat was up about 70 feet in a tree 10 yards away and hit him with a Crow Mag that knocked him clean out of the tree but when he hit the ground he ran right through my fence and away, very unfortunate. But I noticed the gun was shooting much smoother and much more quiet then I remembered. So after work I played around with targets and did exceptional at 30 feet then good at 25 yards and 2 1/4 bulls-eyes at 35 yards.

This morning I see another rodent at the 28 yard tree in my back yard so I grabbed an FTS double gold fired one shot and he was free falling for Dowser to catch. I guess the rat was just bad injured as Dowser let out some yelps before I saw him come out of the bush with the dead rat.

So I still notice the gun is far more agreeable than it was, could the heavier Leapers scope be the problem or did it just suddenly break in?
The power still seems to be ok and I don't hear a twang when I shoot so I think the spring is still intact. What else could be going on?

Long winded I know but hey I am bored and excited about my new purchase.
XS Bam B26 .177 Sporter Stock (Tack Driver)
XS BAM B40 .177
XS BAM B28 .177
XS BAM B30 .22

All De-burred Polished and Lubed by DMM
Parallax
Basic Practical
Basic Practical

City, State: Louisville, KY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Springers always seem to get better the more you shoot them. The triggers seem to get smoother as surfaces wear, springs themselves go through a break-in period, and seals sometimes need to wear-in a bit to fit the compression tube a little better as well as excessive lubes burn off and stop dieseling.

But if you get one professionally tuned or learn how to take one apart, clean out the cheaper factory lubes, sand out and deburr the metal and metal to metal surfaces, cocking linkages and other contact points, put in a higher quality Jim Macarri spring, guide and seals kit along with the proper amount of higher quality lubes, learn to take the trigger apart, remove bad lubes, stone out bad surfaces or smooth contact points and put back together......you will be spoiled from that point forward, lol.
DMikeM
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Big Bear Lake, Ca.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I am very mechanically inclined. I rebuilt an old J.C Higgins Sears .22 my grandma gave me years ago. Replacing parts and polishing the whole assembly. It was really nothing to do.

I would like to find some good documentation including detail exploded views of the gun works. If you know of any links let me know.
XS Bam B26 .177 Sporter Stock (Tack Driver)
XS BAM B40 .177
XS BAM B28 .177
XS BAM B30 .22

All De-burred Polished and Lubed by DMM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> "Springers & Gas Rams" All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: