AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index AirgunAdvice.net
All airguns, All the time

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Phoogle MapPhoogle Map   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Please help us to develop!

Support Our Site
click image to see designs
Support the site by buying one of our great T-Shirts !!
They are only $24.95 plus shipping.

Choose a size:
For Mr SP.....................

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> AirgunAdvice.net
View previous topic :: View next topic  
El Caro
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: UK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: For Mr SP..................... Reply with quote

I got this info. for someone on the BSA Owners site. He chose to ignore it and preferred to whinge instead.

"I spoke to JB this morning. I mentioned your problem. He said it was a two minute job which should be sorted by a competant dealer. The leak is caused by the ingress of muck, brass flakes from the restrictor screw in the probe etc. This gets onto the inlet seal and causes what he called a "leak path". You dont have to mess with anti-tamper devices which will void any warranty and could land you in trouble with the law if they wish to inspect and "play" with your rifle to see what it is capable of. Remove buddy bottle. Remove regulator block from the rifle body by unscrewing the long M6 caphead screw that goes through the toast rack and pull block off the rifle. Unscrew socket from the block which buddy bottle goes into. Remove the slotted screw from the front underside of the block. That is important. Now you can remove the hex. headed brass plug under the buddy bottle connector. Inside is a spring, ball and a fat O ring at the bottom of the recess. Clean it all to remove muck and re-assemble. Hey presto problem solved. Carry on shooting."
SP
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

City, State: Commiefornia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: For Mr SP..................... Reply with quote

El Caro wrote:
I got this info. for someone on the BSA Owners site. He chose to ignore it and preferred to whinge instead.

"I spoke to JB this morning. I mentioned your problem. He said it was a two minute job which should be sorted by a competant dealer. The leak is caused by the ingress of muck, brass flakes from the restrictor screw in the probe etc. This gets onto the inlet seal and causes what he called a "leak path". You dont have to mess with anti-tamper devices which will void any warranty and could land you in trouble with the law if they wish to inspect and "play" with your rifle to see what it is capable of. Remove buddy bottle. Remove regulator block from the rifle body by unscrewing the long M6 caphead screw that goes through the toast rack and pull block off the rifle. Unscrew socket from the block which buddy bottle goes into. Remove the slotted screw from the front underside of the block. That is important. Now you can remove the hex. headed brass plug under the buddy bottle connector. Inside is a spring, ball and a fat O ring at the bottom of the recess. Clean it all to remove muck and re-assemble. Hey presto problem solved. Carry on shooting."

Hey El Caro thank's for your help here, and over on the BSA owners group forum.

I took apart my R10, and cleaned out the inside where the regulator,and quick fill probe goes into. After putting things back together. It was good as new. With that being said, do you know if backing out the regulator adjustment screw will increase the power on this gun?
El Caro
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: UK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember field testing one of JBs early export pre-production prototypes and the screw was about flush or just under the surface of the brass body. Screwing it in will increase the pressure the regulator works at I was told. I was also told "a little goes a long way" hehehehe. The UK version has a cap which is free to rotate fitted over the regulator adjuster to prevent messing. It is called an anti-tamper device in the UK. It is factory fitted and approved by the Proof House in the UK. If a rifle is checked by the authorities and the cap has been removed then the testing laboratory will be able to increase the regulator pressure to take the rifle over our 12ft/lbs limit. This can lead to a custodial sentence Cry . There have been two well documented cases recently where the testing laboratory approved by the authorities have been able to "mess" with confiscated rifles to take them over our limit. Both cases lead to convictions. They were not R10s. The critical wording apparently is if the air rifles in question are "capable" of exceeding 12ft/lbs. With the anti-tamper caps fitted by BSA to the R10 the answer to that would be a definite no. There are some who will get a rude awakening if for political and area budget reasons the local plod want to make their clean up figures on firearm crimes look good. The earth is flat. Isn't it? Laughing - El C.
yanchula81
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Vero Beach, FL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SP was it pretty easy to accomplish?
Beeman P3
Crosman 357
SP
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

City, State: Commiefornia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it was real easy to do. Don't let it deter you..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> AirgunAdvice.net All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: