The New Ul_Ti_Mate-Rapid******* with Mods and Tools

This is the area to talk about issues you are having with your Airgun, or MODS that you have questions about. Or something that has worked well that you would like to share with the other members.

Moderators: 220swift, Killer-B, MarvC, Sentryfe

AZbobcat
Marksman
Marksman
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:01 am
Location: Tucson AZ

more please

Postby AZbobcat » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:00 pm

Keep those pictures coming

User avatar
Ca_Varminter
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5632
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:48 pm
Location: N. California, USA

Postby Ca_Varminter » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:54 pm

It Has been a while since I posted any updates on my Ul_Ti_Mate Rapid.
So to start it off.....
It was time for a few changes..
Like a new Bolt Handle.
I Picked up a piece of .75" Titanium rod.

So it a bit of time and wear on my cabide indexables..
Image
It give my /rapid a more convention look and feel...
I will be posting more on my updares...

Stuart
Image

User avatar
dirtdawg2
Basic Practical
Basic Practical
Posts: 1653
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:38 pm
Location: Ex-Sunnyvale

Postby dirtdawg2 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:42 pm

Nice!

How long did that take?

User avatar
Ca_Varminter
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5632
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:48 pm
Location: N. California, USA

Postby Ca_Varminter » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:40 pm

Actually not too long....
Turning them stem down took the most time..from 3/4" to 1/4"
But the powerfeed helps alot!!

The most labor intensive part was turning the taper of the handle manually..
No powerfeed here..

Then after tapering and rounding off the handle came the finishing.
I removed the tool marks with some emory cloth. Then to the buffer wheel to polish it.

Total time spent was about 2 hrs.....you can't rush titanium!!!

Stuart
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Image

User avatar
Ca_Varminter
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5632
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:48 pm
Location: N. California, USA

Re: The New Ul_Ti_Mate-Rapid******* with Mods and Tools

Postby Ca_Varminter » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:12 pm

Here we go Again!!!!
Well since it is raining out here in California...
I decided to do a little engineering on one of Dr Bob's Mags.

If you Didn't know, JSB release a new heavy weight pellet. The Beast...
This how it compares to the other pellets my Ul_Ti_mate Rapid eats...
Image

From left to right...
JSB Monster 25.4grns, .344"/8.43mm
Kodiak 21.1grns, .333"/8.46mm length
JSB Beast 34.0grns, .420/10.69mm

So to make these Beasties fit the Mag, I had to do a little Milling on them.
First, I mill the cover. Using a .25" em, I put a .020" groove into it!
Image

Next using a .25" Ball-nose em, I widen the groove on the bottom of the Mag Body..
Image

While examining these mags and deciding how I was going to mill them..
I found a slight Problem with them!!!
It Seems the Groove on the bottom of the Mag Bodies were a little short!!
So the last pellet, if long enough, won't fit when filling the Mag!!
Image

So I extended the groove while I was Widening It!!
Image


So Now I have a Working Mag that will feed the JSB Beasts without a problem!!
The covers clears them.....
Image

Here is a test loading of the Mag..
Image

Sorry Dr Bob, I did have to remove your Name of the Lid!!!!

Next I will have to give the Beasts a test, But it will have to dry out a little so I can get my compressor out of the garage...
I will post my progress on this....when I can....

Enjoy,

Stuart
Image


Return to “The Technical Corner”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest